Hi readers, I read this article by Kathleen M. Zelman, MPH, RD, LD and wanted to share her very important behaviors with you, especially during stressful times.
10 Healthy behaviors (beyond the four basics) that contribute to wellness and satisfaction with one’s lifestyle:
- Brush and floss daily to keep your teeth and gums healthy and free of disease.
- Get a good night’s rest. Well-rested people not only cope better with stress, but may also have better control of their appetites. Research has shown that a lack of sleep can put our “hunger hormones” out of balance — and possibly trigger overeating.
- Enjoy regular family meals. This allows parents to serve as good role models, can promote more nutritious eating, and sets the stage for lively conversations. Being connected to family and/or friends is a powerful aspect of a healthy life.
- Smile and laugh out loud several times a day. It keeps you grounded, and helps you cope with situations that would otherwise make you crazy. Read the comics, watch a sitcom, or tell jokes to bring out those happy feelings.
- Meditate, pray, or otherwise find solace for at least 10-20 minutes each day. Contemplation is good for your soul, helps you cope with the demands of daily life, and may even help lower your blood pressure.
- Get a pedometer and let it motivate you to walk, walk, walk. Forget about how many minutes of activity you need; just do everything you can to fit more steps into your day. No matter how you get it, physical activity can help defuse stress, burn calories, and boost self-esteem.
- Stand up straight. You’ll look 5 pounds lighter if you stand tall and tighten your abdominal muscles. Whenever you walk, think “tall and tight” to get the most out of the movement.
- Try yoga. The poses help increase strength and flexibility and improve balance. These are critical areas for older folks especially, and both men and women can benefit.
- Power up the protein. This nutrient is an essential part of your eating plan, and can make up anywhere from 10%-35% of your total calories. Protein lasts a long time in your belly; combine it with high-fiber foods and you’ll feel full on fewer calories. Enjoy small portions of nuts, low-fat dairy, beans, lean meat, poultry, or fish.
- Last but not least, have a positive attitude. Do your best to look at life as if “the glass is half full.” You must believe in yourself, have good support systems, and think positively (“I think I can, I think I can…”) to succeed.
Piperinox is a food supplement that supports weight management and has an extremely rich formula, which includes as many as 7 natural ingredients. Piperine – black pepper extract, the use of which results in weight loss, plays the key role in the product. Piperinox is a unique blend that is appreciated by all those trying to lose weight.
The product supports the digestion process, accelerates the metabolism, helps maintain normal blood sugar levels and allows the body to cleanse toxins. Piperinox is a great choice for all, regardless of the degree of excess weight or obesity and lifestyle.
See how well you measure up on the researchers’ four keys to healthfulness:
- Do you smoke?
- Are you able to maintain a healthy weight (a BMI of 18-25), or are you successfully losing weight to attain a healthy weight?
- Do you eat at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily?
- Do you exercise 30 minutes or more, 5 times a week?
Stay safe and stay healthy.