Goal Setting to Goal Getting and what you need to do first.
I recently listened to a few very informative and inspiring podcasts and it gave me the idea to share some ideas on how to set your goals for 2021 and have the best year ever. Here’s some advice:
It’s not just about setting your goals and think that if you have it on paper you can relax and wait for the magic to happen. No, it’s hard work and dedication. Setting goals doesn’t really mean you will achieve them, if this was true homeless people with dreams will not be homeless anymore.
By setting the right kind of goals and build systems and processes around it will help you to achieve your goals. You can set goals for anything in life, like personal, business, religious, cultural, etc.
Here is a list of goals from Mind tools as examples:
- Career – What level do you want to reach in your career, or what do you want to achieve?
- Financial – How much do you want to earn, by what stage? How is this related to your career goals?
- Education – Is there any knowledge you want to acquire in particular? What information and skills will you need to have in order to achieve other goals?
- Family – Do you want to be a parent? If so, how are you going to be a good parent? How do you want to be seen by a partner or by members of your extended family?
- Artistic – Do you want to achieve any artistic goals?
- Attitude – Is any part of your mindset holding you back? Is there any part of the way that you behave that upsets you? (If so, set a goal to improve your behavior or find a solution to the problem.)
- Physical – Are there any athletic goals that you want to achieve, or do you want good health deep into old age? What steps are you going to take to achieve this?
- Pleasure – How do you want to enjoy yourself? (You should ensure that some of your life is for you!)
- Public Service – Do you want to make the world a better place? If so, how?
If you haven’t had some experience by setting your own goals, it might be difficult at first, that is why the Ladies Enrichment Club Worldwide help women worldwide to set small or big goals with free advice and low cost coaching. We have a free goal setting planner waiting for you to use in 2021, email Ladies Enrichment Club Worldwide.
You have to learn from people who has done goal setting before you jump into the deep end. Ask for advice and read some books on how to do goal setting.
What is your vision?
Yes, your vision! Do you see your goal in your minds eye and focus on that goal? Do you think of the goal and strongly believe in yourself? This is the starting point of setting your goal. Do you want to achieve all the goals you set for yourself? Then visualize them, take care of them and grow them little by little.
Goal planners is very important for you to keep track of your goals and they will keep you accountable (yes, you will feel guilty if you haven’t reach a goal).
How will your 2021 be like? Do you strive for a change in your life? I encourage you to visualize your goal, is it reachable? Start with a simple goal today and see if you can achieve it by the end of the week or month. This will give you courage to do bigger goal settings.
Good luck and we will carry on next week with the second part of Goal Getting.
Live, Life, Love in 2021.