Moist Banana Bread With Coconut Oil
• 4 ripe bananas
• 1/3 cup coconut oil
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 2 large eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• Optional: 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
• Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan, or spray with cooking spray.
• Place the bananas in a large mixing bowl and mash them with a fork. Add the coconut oil and sugar to the bananas, and beat with a fork or an electric mixer until smooth.
• Beat in the eggs and vanilla
• In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
• Gradually add the flour mixture to the banana mixture, on low speed with the mixer (or using a rubber spatula or fork) just until well-incorporated, but do not over-mix, which will yield a tough banana bread. Stir in the chocolate chips, if using.
• Scrape the coconut banana bread batter into the prepared loaf pan.
• Bake for about 55 minutes until a wooden skewer or a sharp knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then turn out of the pan and finish cooling upright on the wire rack.